I am a bookworm; I am arguably the biggest bookworm I know. I realise there are certain qualities that every book lover can relate to.
If you can relate to most of these things, then you are a book lover.
- Your biggest desire is to own a personal library. Many book lovers can relate to wanting to own a personal library in their home. They may want to own a big shoe or cloth closet but a personal library is a big dream as well.
- You love the smell of books. E-books are great and many book lovers (especially millennials) appreciate the portability of e-books. However, there is something therapeutic about the smell of books – especially, old books – that every bookworm can relate to.
- Even the sight of the number of books you have in your bookshelf is satisfying. There is something fulfilling about knowing you own a lot of books; it is actually a thing of pride.
- You are always feeling like you don’t read enough. Even though you have read countless numbers of books, there is always more to read.
- You cannot pass by a library or a book shop without giving it a second glance. Spending money on books is a temptation many of us cannot resist.
- You actually enjoy the company of books more than that of people. People are great sometimes, but books are better.
- You feel more connected to characters in books than with most people. Most bookworms are introverted and not exactly the most social people anyway.
- You don’t mind waiting because there is a book in your bag or an e-book in your device that can keep you company.
- You are also most likely a night-crawler because night time is usually the best time to read without interruptions. I always promise myself I will read just one more page or one more chapter but I never keep that promise.
- Every spare time is an opportunity to read. In fact, even times you can use doing other things – like chores – is an opportunity to read.
- You make friends easily over books. I find it easier to start conversations with people when I see them with a book than I would normally when they are without one.
- You always have a book at hand when you run errands or have to meet people because you might have to wait a few minutes.
- You always have a book when travelling and vacation time is a good opportunity to sit back and read.
- You know many words that you cannot pronounce because they are not used in everyday conversations but you learnt them through reading
- You have that friend that loves books as much as you do.
If you can relate to most of what is listed above, congratulations; you are definitely a book lover.