Understanding how a guy feels about you can be very confusing, especially when his intentions are unclear.
As a woman, it is completely normal to want to know where you stand in a relationship. After all, you deserve to know what to expect and to get the most out of the relationship.
However, it can be difficult to ask a guy what he wants without scaring him off. It’s a tough question that many women face when it comes to relationships.
But don’t worry; this article is here to help. We will address that question you have in your heart about asking a guy where you stand without scaring him off.
By following these tips, you can get the clarity you deserve and move forward with confidence.
But before we proceed with the tips to ask a guy his intentions towards you, let’s look at the right time to ask about intentions.
When You Should Ask a Guy of His Intentions Towards You
Now, different people might have different opinions about the right time to ask a guy where you stand. I don’t believe that there is a right or wrong time per se.
And the reason I don’t is that with a guy who is not interested in you, it really doesn’t matter what time you ask. He’d likely not give you a satisfactory answer.
But with a guy with good intentions, you may get the wrong answer when you ask at the wrong time.
So, it depends on who you are dealing with for the most part.
What I’d say though is not to ask too soon – although too soon can be relative, therefore, you need to use your intuition on this.
If you just met a guy and you are just getting to know him, that might not be the best time to ask him.
He is getting to know you the same way you are and probably trying to make a good decision just like you are. So, give him time to figure things out.
However, when you are getting a lot deeper into the relationship and he is not saying anything, then it might be a good time to ask so you don’t waste your time.
Tips to Ask a Guy His Intentions Towards You
- Choose a good time to talk: Pick a time when you are both relaxed and in a good mood. Avoid bringing up heavy conversations when either of you is stressed or during an argument.
- Be direct: Be straightforward and ask him directly what he wants from the relationship. There is no point beating around the bush or being
- Use “I” statements: Remember that you don’t know his thoughts even if you think you do. So, don’t make accusations and assumptions. Focus on telling him how you feel as you can only be sure about your feelings.
- Be open to his response: Whatever his response may be, try to stay open-minded and consider his perspective. It’s important to have a respectful and honest conversation.
- Don’t pressure him: As much as you might want a certain outcome, remember that he has the right to his own feelings and decisions. Don’t put pressure on him to define the relationship in a certain way.
- Be prepared for different outcomes: It’s possible that his intentions may not align with what you want. Be prepared for the possibility that he may not have the same level of commitment as you do. And don’t force it if that’s the case
- Trust your gut: If something doesn’t feel right about the conversation, listen to your instincts. It almost always won’t lead you astray. This is because some guys can lie to keep you because of something they stand to lose and not because they really want you.
- Have the conversation in person: This kind of conversation is better had in person rather than over text or call.
- Be honest with yourself: Before having this conversation, make sure to reflect on your own intentions and what you want out of the relationship. So, you can better communicate them.
- Remember that it’s okay to walk away: If his intentions do not align with what you want, it’s okay to walk away. You are better off being single and happy than being in a relationship that doesn’t align with your values and goals.
30 Questions You Can Ask a Guy to Know Where You Stand
- What are your thoughts on our relationship? How do you see us moving forward?
- What do you value most in a relationship?
- Do you see yourself committing to me long-term?
- Do you see a future with me in it?
- How do you feel when we’re apart? Do you miss me?
- Do you see us having a family together?
- What are your goals and aspirations in life, and how do you see me fitting into that?
- Do you see us supporting each other’s goals and dreams?
- Are you looking for something casual or something more serious?
- Do you consider us compatible?
- Do you see us being able to compromise and find solutions together?
- Do you see us living together in the future?
- How do you feel when we’re together? Do you enjoy spending time with me?
- Do you see us growing old together?
- What are your thoughts on exclusivity in a relationship?
- Do you see us getting married in the future?
- Do you see us being exclusive?
- Do you have any reservations about our relationship?
- Do you see us being able to work through conflicts and challenges together?
- Do you see any potential obstacles in our relationship?
- Do you see us having a future together?
- Do you see us being able to maintain a strong emotional connection?
- Do you see us being able to trust each other fully?
- Do you see us being able to maintain a strong physical connection?
- Do you see us making sacrifices for each other in the future?
- Do you see us being able to communicate effectively and openly?
- Do you see us being able to resolve conflicts in a healthy and constructive way?
- Do you see us being able to maintain a strong friendship as well as a romantic relationship?
- Do you see us being able to support each other’s personal growth and development?
- Do you see us being able to maintain a healthy and balanced relationship?
To conclude, we can all agree that it is not the easiest thing to ask a guy how he feels about you. Usually, for many women, the problem is either that you are scared of putting pressure on him or of his answer.
But the truth is you deserve to be in a situation where you are wanted and certain you are wanted. If you don’t want a casual relationship with a guy, then you deserve that and you deserve to communicate that as well.
So, I hope this article will help you when next you want to ask a guy his intentions towards you. Let me know what you think in the comment section.